UL Recognized Silicone Sponge Rubber
Understanding UL approved silicone sponge materials.
UL 94 Flame Classifications:
As related to plastic materials offered by Professional Plastics, there are 6 Flame Classifications Specified in UL 94 that are assigned to materials based on the results of these small-scale flame tests. These classifications listed in descending order for each of the following three groupings are used to distinguish a material's burning characteristics after test specimens have been exposed to a specified test flame under controlled laboratory conditions. These classifications relate to materials commonly used in manufacturing enclosures, structural parts, and insulators found in consumer electronic products (UL 94 5VA, 5VB, V-0, V-1, V-2, HB).
- UL 94-5VA Surface Burn; Burning stops within 60 seconds, test specimens MAY NOT have a burn-through (no hole). This is the highest (most flame retardant) UL94 rating.
- UL 94-5VB Surface Burn; Burning stop within 60 seconds, test specimens MAY HAVE a burn-through (A hole may be present)
- UL 94 V-0 Vertical Burn; Burning stops within 10 seconds, NO flaming drips are allowed
- UL 94 V-1 Vertical Burn; Burning stops within 60 seconds, NO flaming drips are allowed
- UL 94 V-2 Vertical Burn; Burning stops within 60 seconds, Flaming drips ARE allowed.
- UL 94 H-B Horizontal Burn; Slow horizontal burn test (H-B) are considered "self-extinguishing". The lowest (least flame retardant) UL94 rating.
Markets for UL Rated Silicone Rubber Products
- Door Seals for Mass Transit Interiors
- Electronic Enclosure Seals
- HVAC Seals & Gaskets
- LED Gaskets
- Electronic Vehicle Battery Seals
Stigall Products that are UL Approved and or Tested for Compliance.